To find a recipe based on what you’re craving, plug up to eight tags into our “cookthink it” search tool.
I was making oatmeal just now, and when I went for the sugar I saw the Ghirardelli cocoa powder sitting there, looking strangely alluring. It just seemed natural to add it to the boiling milk / oat mixture. And guess what? It’s delicious! Here’s how you can make your own (makes one serving):
- Add 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 stick of cinnamon, and 1 cup milk to small pot
- Heat to high on stove until almost boiling
- Stir in 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
- Continue stirring and add 1 heaping tablespoon raw sugar (possibly less if you have the sweetened cocoa; I was using the unsweetened variety)
- Boil to desired consistency
- Serve with fresh strawberries and raspberries (and banana if you’ve got it – I didn’t)