Meant for use in developing countries or in areas with few sources of clean water, the LifeStraw seems to be a promising product:
- Arrow Filters a minimum of 15,000 litres of water – provides safe drinking water for a family for more
than 2 years (calculated approximately on a family’s consumption of 20 litres water/day).
- Arrow Has a high flow rate.
- Arrow Removes minimum 99.9999% of all bacteria.
- Arrow Removes minimum 99.99% of all viruses.
- Arrow Removes minimum 99.9% of all parasites.
- Arrow No electrical power or batteries required.
- Arrow No spare parts required for the lifetime of the product.
- Arrow No running water required.
- Arrow Easy-to-clean pre-filter as well as purifier cartridge.
Sounds pretty ideal, and not as impractical as peddling for clean water. The design is simple and straightforward, with good water coming from the blue spout, and the remaining non-potable water coming from the red spout. It would be really great to see these offered for little to no money for those who really need it.